Horror Short

For this piece we teamed up with the second years, I'm rather bad with names, so I'm non too sure who exactly it was that I worked with. But the idea was thought up by one of the second years, it featured a man -Ben- in a dark room as he is stalked, so he feels, by some malignant being. It is implied that the camera- when at certain angles- is said being, though nothing really comes of it other than Ben running away and out the door. More an inconvenience than a creature of unspeakable evil. It is more a piece on paranoia than it is of an actual monster, but I do feel these paranoid delusions can terrify a person more than any man with a large knife or gun- fear of the unknown and whatnot- without the horror being outright stated, anyone watching can create their own, unique evil, fit solely to terrify them. This I feel makes this premise much better than had we gone with the standard ghost/slasher horror tropes. 

For the piece though, I do wish we had taken a few extra shots from a few extra angles. Not that my editing skills, or lack thereof , wasn't to blame for the finished product, but I certainly think it could've benefited from a bit more filming. I had to reuse and reverse some scenes to add something to it. Plus one scene had an elbow sticking in the frame, so that one was unusable. With it being the first production outside of the boot-camp sessions, I don't think it was terrible, it gave me a try of working with a film crew, each person with their own roles, and I got to have a bit more experience with the equipment. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Plans for Journalism course.

Future of Film and TV. Poster.

PMP